The City of Cabot is extremely proud and grateful for the men and women that serve as Police Officers all across the world, and especially here in Cabot. For those who are interested in becoming apart of this, please view the information below.
For those interested in joining the Police Department, no experience is required, but preferred. Here are the minimum qualifications to apply:
- Applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
- Applicant must be free of any felony convictions and any domestic abuse convictions.
- Applicant must posses a valid driver's license.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Applicant must be of good moral character and pass an extensive background.
- Applicant must pass a psychological and physical evaluation by a doctor.
If there is a testing period within 6 months of a submitted application, an applicant will be eligible for testing.
The first portion of the test will be the written exam. This is a pass or fail test. Applicants must reach a minimum score of 70%. Those who pass the written exam will be contacted to take the physical agility test. This is also a pass or fail test.
Finally, there will be an oral interview. Each candidate who makes it to this stage should come to their interview dressed professionally and ready to answer a wide range of questions.
After a background check, successful candidates will be rated and placed on a hiring list based on their scores from these tests.
Currently, the Cabot Police Department employs 48 individuals composed of Patrol Officers, Warrant Officer, Technical Analyst, School Resources Officer, K-9 Officer, Narcotics, Detective, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains and a Police Chief.