Report Animal Cruelty

Cruelty to animals is a serious matter!  In addition to moral concerns, there is a disturbing link between cruelty to animals and violence towards humans.  Animal cruelty can take many forms, including an aggressive act such as beating a dog or a passive act like starving a horse.  


In case of suspected cruelty or abuse, the appropriate animal services, animal control, or law enforcement agency should be called.  In Cabot, if you witness animal cruelty please immediately contact Cabot Animal Control.  For areas outside Cabot City Limits in the unincorporated areas of Lonoke County, you can contact the County Sheriff's Department at 501-676-3000.


Frequently, a successful prosecution of an animal crime will require participation of witnesses.  While the results of animal cruelty are often visibly obvious, the action of such a crime is not always obvious, so witnesses are important.  City of Cabot Animal Control Officers are often unable to take enforcement action against a person for animal cruelty unless they or another person witness the accused person committing the abusive act. 

If it is something that an individual has seen, that witness must be willing to file a complaint and cooperate with the investigation, which includes giving his/her name and address as the complainant.  While the Cabot Animal Control department does not post the name of the complainant, any citizen, including the accused abuser, may get the name of the complainant or copy of the complaint document by requesting a copy of the complaint document by requesting a copy of the public documents under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.